These almond butter cookies should come out with a slightly crisp bottom and super gooey inside.
The best part about these almond butter cookies? They are low in carbohydrates since they us almond flour instead of regular flour.
- 1 cup almond butter (we used the Whole Foods Market almond butter they make in house, we’ve tried with others and the WFM one is by far the best and keeps them gooey in the middle)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Shredded Coconut (get this at WFM as well in the baking section)
- Put almond butter in bowl first and heat it for about 15 seconds so it mixes easier
- Add all remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir to form a dough
- Roll into cookie balls using large spoon (usually makes about 8-10)
- Refrigerate the dough at least an hour (we almost always do 2 hours after trial and error), this is absolutely key to ensuring they stay soft when you bake them
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake on cookie sheet at 350F for 8 minutes
- Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from tray, as they firm up while cooling
Store the leftover cookies in the fridge when done and then reheat them in the microwave for about 15 to 20 seconds when you eat them later. You will not be disappointed!
Like this recipe? Share it!
Get our best personal development tips, tools & support.
No spam emails, ever.